The Best Drones For Kids are Cool, Cheap and Easy to Fly. If you’re searching for the Best Drones for kids or want to know more about buying a kid friendly drone with a camera, then this post is for you.
Flying rc drones can also be a great hobby for kids. Drones can help kids learn about aviation, robotics, programming, mechanics, electronics and photography, all while having a ton of fun!
Yes, Flying toys are popular, however with the multitude of affordable drones for kids now available, it can be hard to decide which drone to buy for your child.
So let’s get to it, This list includes the current top rated toy drones for kids.
Top 10 Toy Drones For Kids
2. Holy Stone Mini Drone for Kids and Beginners RC Nano Quadcopter Indoor Small Helicopter Plane with Auto Hovering, 3D Flip, Headless Mode and 3 Batteries, Great Gift Toy for Boys and Girls, Blue
$30.59 in stock
3. Q9s Drones for Kids,RC Drone with Altitude Hold and Headless Mode,Quadcopter with Blue&Green Light,Propeller Full Protect,2 Batteries and Remote Control,Easy to fly Kids Gifts Toys for Boys and Girls
4. SANROCK U61W Mini Drone with 720P HD FPV Camera for Kids Beginners Remote Control Toys Gifts for Boys Girls with Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, One Key Start Speed Adjustment, 2 Batteries, Red
$59.99 in stock
5. DEERC D20 Mini Drone for Kids with 720P HD FPV Camera Remote Control Toys Gifts for Boys Girls with Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, One Key Start Speed Adjustment, 3D Flips 2 Batteries, Black
$51.99 in stock
6. Holy Stone HS340 Mini Drone with 720P Wifi FPV Camera for Kids Adults, RC Quadcopter with Throw to Go, Circle Fly, Auto Rotation, Gesture/Voice Control, Waypoint Fly, 3D Flips, Fun Toy for Boys Girls
7. DROCON Spacekey Drone with Camera 1080P FHD, FPV Drone for Kids Beginners Adults, RC Quadcopter Drone Gravity Control, Trajectory Flight, Headless Mode, Altitude Hold, One-key Return, Fordable Arms
8. Holy Stone F181W 1080P FPV Drone with HD Camera for Adult Kid Beginner, RC Quadcopter with Carrying Case, Voice Control, Gesture Control, Wide-Angle Live Video, Altitude Hold, 2 Batteries, Easy to Fly
9. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone with 1080P HD Camera Live Video 120°Wide-Angle WiFi Quadcopter with Gravity Sensor, Voice Control, Gesture Control, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, 3D Flip RTF 2 Batteries
10. Ryze Tech Tello - Mini Drone Quadcopter UAV for Kids Beginners 5MP Camera HD720 Video 13min Flight Time Education Scratch Programming Toy Selfies, Powered by DJI, White
2 used from $122.11
What are the best drones for young kids?
Most of the new drones on the market are kid friendly and made rugged enough to take a few crashes. Many offer popular features like Hover mode and Headless Mode along with a Take-off and Landing button that make it much easier for a young pilot just learning to fly a drone.
TIP: If your child is new to flying RC toys, Start them off with a small toy drone that can be flown indoors. That way they can get the hang of it before flying outside.
Best Drones For Kids under 7
Here are a couple of cool gift ideas for children that are safe and fun to fly indoors.
What can kids do with drones for fun?
For starters, Because most kids are interested in anything that can fly, flip or goes fast. A new toy drone is a great way to get your kids outside for some fun and fresh air.
Not only can they do flips in the air, with a decent on board camera and they can get some awesome video they can check out later and show to their friends.
- Just doing basic tricks like figure 8’s, corkscrews and flips can be great fun.
- Use the drone to explore areas that are difficult, or impossible, to reach on foot.
- Drone racing with their friends is very popular.
- Set up an obstacle course, to challenge their skills.
- Lift and set games -Picking up a certain payload and then flying back to the pilot.
- It can be a fun challenge to make small landing pads and try to land on them.
These are just a few of the things kids can do with remote controlled quadcopters, but I’m sure they can come up with some more ways to improve their skills.
Are kids drones cheap?
In general, the quality of a drone increases with the price, depending on camera and other features, but there are now many drones for kids with cameras that are inexpensive and would make a great gift for any child or teenager interested in flying or aerial photography.
In a market where there are so many types of drones to choose from, finding the right remote control drone for a kid can be challenging.
There are some things to keep in mind when choosing a mini drone for kids, like most choices, it comes down to price, quality and functionality.
- It should be lightweight and durable.
- Should be RTF (Ready to fly) out of the box and have a controller that offers beginner and expert modes.
- The size should be small enough to fly indoors or big enough to use outdoors if that’s where you want them to use it.
- Include features like altitude hold and headless mode
FYI: Before you give a drone to a kid as a gift, make sure the batteries are charged and don’t forget the batteries for the remote control. (I would recommend you test the drone after you buy it, trust me, get familiar with it prior to the big day in order to avoid disappointment)